Legal Agreement: Terms of Service
COWORK GLOUCESTER VA MEMBER AGREEMENT
Cowork Gloucester VA, a DBA under Cowork Gloucester VA, LLC, was created to foster and support a coworking community in Gloucester, VA. We provide members with access to desks (tables), chairs, printers, the Internet, and space to work. In exchange, we charge a monthly fee based on level of usage.
By joining Cowork Gloucester VA, you agree to abide by rules aimed at helping members and guests work together better and at keeping Cowork Gloucester VA around a while. Generally, you agree to take care of the space, yourself and others.
Specifically, you agree to:
- Be nice. Be courteous. Treat others the way you’d like to be treated. Hopefully, you’ll know if you’re not being nice. We’ll tell you if we need to. You will be asked to shape up within 30 days and, if you don’t, you will be asked to leave. We realize that might sound harsh, but we have to protect the community.
- Believe in yourself, believe in others, and in the power of coworking. And, let it show. Do your part in promoting a positive, productive, pleasant experience at Cowork Gloucester VA. Be supportive of Cowork Gloucester VA and your fellow members so we can all be more successful.
- Work hard, have fun, and participate. The thing that makes Cowork Gloucester VA more than just a place to work is the community. In case you haven’t figured this out yet, that’s YOU. You have the power to make that community something really great. Use it.
- Be true. You have access to Cowork Gloucester VA some number of days per week based on your membership level. We track attendance, but not to shoo you out if you accidentally show up an extra day. Like most things, we ask you to act responsibly and do what’s right. Remember, we offer Day Passes if you need an extra day. Conversely, we don’t owe you if you don’t use all the days you could in a month. Information on membership levels, subject to change, is available on the Cowork Gloucester VA website.
- Pay your bills. You agree to pay your monthly membership fee in a timely manner. We will set up an automated monthly payment. If we notify you that your payment did not post for any reason, you will promptly (within 2 days) rectify the situation and make payment.
- Let us know in advance if you’re leaving. We’ll be sad, but also happy if you’re leaving to do something great. We ask that you provide a minimum of 30 days’ notice to terminate membership and pay membership fees through the date of membership termination.
- Make this your workplace, not your home. Yes, we really do have to say it. Tempting as it might be, with amenities such as a couches, kitchen, and refrigerator, you cannot make 6814 Teagle Lane your home. Cowork Gloucester VA is for business use only.
- Be accountable for your actions. Should any action or inaction on your part harm or cause damage, you agree to own up to it and cover any related costs.
- Be accountable for your guests. If you bring guests, students, participants – any label you apply – if you in any way for any means bring a person or persons into Cowork Gloucester VA, they are your responsibility. It’s your job to make sure they follow the rules and generally behave themselves.
- Avoid using Cowork Gloucester VA or its stuff in connection with bad, annoying or otherwise not-OK things like: a. Pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spamming, or similarly annoying behavior. b. Defaming, abusing, harassing, or threatening others. c. Marketing, pitching, or promoting your business (or your kid’s fund raiser) to people trying to work. d. Posting or distributing inappropriate, profane, defamatory, or indecent materials or information.
- Mind your own business. We coworkers work in close proximity to others. Keeping your information or that of our customers private is up to you. On the flip side, you agree to not inappropriately share, reproduce, or use information or materials of others.
- Protect your interests and stuff. We have insurance for Cowork Gloucester VA. We recommend you also have insurance, appropriate to your business, to cover liability, loss, theft, damage and the like. Our insurance does not protect you or your business. Also, if you bring (and possibly leave) your bicycle, computer, coffee mug, food, paperwork, or anything else to Cowork Gloucester VA, it’s your job to secure it.
- Do your part to keep Cowork Gloucester VA safe. Don’t do foolish and dangerous things like play with matches, run with scissors, or do chemistry experiments with cleaning solutions. Wash your hands. Throw away food that has gone bad. Wash dirty dishes. Clean up spills. Let us know if a light bulb is out, a door or window is not latching properly, or you see anything at all that needs repair. Keep our network safe, too. Be careful not to upload or use files that contain viruses, malware, etc. that may damage the network, computers, or other equipment of Cowork Gloucester VA or its members.
- Consume alcohol, food, or anything else you choose responsibly and at your own risk. Cowork Gloucester VA, Courtney Riley, Kevin Haggerty, and/or Cowork Gloucester VA, LLC – none of those – is in the business of serving food or drink. If such exists and you choose to partake, you do so at your own discretion and risk. Call a cab if you are not well and it would be unsafe to drive. Cowork Gloucester VA, its members, Courtney Riley, Kevin Haggerty, and/or Cowork Gloucester VA, LLC have no liability for illness, accidents, or any bad thing that results from your consumption of any substance of any kind.
- Obey the law. You agree not to use Cowork Gloucester VA for any purpose that is unlawful, prohibited or otherwise frowned upon by society, including doing anything that would damage, disable, or impair any property of Cowork Gloucester VA or its members or, worse, the members themselves. This also means you won’t try to access property or systems of others, or attempt to obtain information or materials not intentionally made available to all Cowork Gloucester VA members. If you break the law or do any of the aforementioned bad things, you’re out. No 30 days’ notice, your membership and any future access under any circumstance will be gone immediately.
- Keep up with changes to these rules. Like so many things, Cowork Gloucester VA will evolve and change over time (largely from input of members). With that may come changes in these rules. If we change this agreement, we’ll let you know and post the current version of this agreement on our website (coworkgloucesterva.com).
By reading this document and continuing with the membership process, you agree to remain familiar with and abide by all current (possibly updated) rules.
Cowork Gloucester VA provides use of its space and equipment as a service and not as a lease of real property and disclaims all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, including but not limited to merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or use.
We hate to have to say it, but we do: the entire risk as to the quality arising out of participation in or the use of the services remains with you. Cowork Gloucester VA reserves the right at all times to disclose information about you, your participation in and use of the services Cowork Gloucester VA provides we deem necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. We may also publish information about you and/or your business, including but not limited to, your name, company name, industry, title, and URL. We may take pictures of you working in our space or at Cowork Gloucester VA events and use them at our discretion. We may also edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part from our website(s), social media pages, or our premises. This will all be done at Cowork Gloucester VA’s sole discretion.
Cowork Gloucester VA reserves the right to terminate your participation in and use of any Services, immediately and without notice, if you fail to comply with this agreement.
By moving to the next step, you are saying you have read this policy in its entirety and represent that you have the authority to make this agreement and that you are not violating any agreement you have with any other party. You also understand and agree that, while membership in Cowork Gloucester VA has many benefits, it does not empower you to make binding representations or agreements on behalf of Courtney Riley or Kevin Haggerty, Cowork Gloucester VA, LLC., or any of its members. Oh, and, this is all legal in the State of VA.
I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understood all of the terms and conditions contained in this agreement and agree to be bound it.
PRIVATE OFFICE MEMBER ADDENDUM
(For Private Office Members Only) As a Private Office Member, you agree to a 12-month agreement which begins TODAY and the last day (if not renewed) will be on this day of the month, 12 months from now.
Your payments will be due on the 1st of each month.
You will be responsible for a deposit at the beginning of your membership equal to one month of membership fees. Upon the end of your membership (and successful payment for the entire term), you will receive your deposit back in full within 30 days, contingent upon there being no damage found. If there’s damage, we’ll use your deposit to fix it. If the cost to repair the damage exceed the amount of your deposit, we’ll ask you to pay for the extra amount. We’ll attempt to work out in a friendly manner. It probably won’t come to it, but if friendly remediation is not successful, we reserve the right to seek punitive damages in court. Just don’t damage anything, and we’ll be good. And if you do, fix it. Everybody stays happy!
At the end of your membership term, should you not renew, you will be responsible for patching any holes in or damage to walls, damage/stains to flooring, damage to window(s), ceiling, etc. that were not pre-existing. Additionally, if you paint your walls, you will be responsible for painting back to the original colors, unless we give permission to do otherwise.
As a Private Office Member, you will have the use of your own private office with 24/7 access to the building and to your office.
You can decorate or paint your office. Hang stuff up. It’s your home away from home.
We just ask that you put everything back how it was when you move out. If you don’t, we’ll charge the card you’ve placed on file with us to get things back in order.
This agreement does not make you a lessee and we are not subletting to you. You are a member of Cowork Gloucester VA, and in exchange for your monthly membership fee, you receive benefits, one of which is the use of a private office.